Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday in Review

None of the children are sleeping any more, at night. Even the baby, our best sleeper, was up much of the night. Elphine has been sleeping on a mattress at the end of our bed, and Romulus in our bed, without exception, breaking our hard and fast rule of NO Children in Bed, only a few cats. So we're all a little tired and raw today, and facing a serious bout of cleaning before we can start filling boxes.

Yesterday was like so much of the Christian life-rich, heartbreaking, beautiful, painful. It was hard to find someone who wasn't crying, but the service was probably our best yet, in that building, apart from the Pageant and the last Easter Vigil. Micah switched music around, we managed to organize incense in the ten minutes before the service started, Matt preached the best sermon that I have ever heard, I could go on and on.

I would go on to say a lot more but everybody else needs attention.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Anne,
Thank you for the update. We are praying for you and appreciate guidance in how to pray.
We thank God for your faithful witness.
Carol

Geri said...

Dear Anne,

Just know that there are lots of people praying for you and yours. I wish there was some way for me to physically help you. But, Texas is a long way from Binghamton, and my arms are short. Please excuse the attempt at humor. Do you even know where you are moving to yet?

I am afraid that your bishop is going to have a lot to answer for on judgement day. It is amazing that you and Fr. Matt have such good attitudes about the whole thing. I am afraid I am not perfected enough to feel that way.

We may have to leave our church eventually, although we are hoping Texas courts will be kinder to us. But at least they can't go after our homes. Although who knows what GC will enact this year.

Sorry for this being so long. Thanks for keeping us informed. I have been praying for you for so long that I feel like I know you.

Please try to take care of yourself. I know that moving requires you to be all things to all people---but try to be kind to yourself and get some time for rest.