Well, I'm exhausted. I've moved from this spot on my bed 4 times today--once for toast, twice to change the baby, and then for toast again. My eyes are burning. I'm so glazed over that I feel no emotion whatsoever about what has transpired. Rationally I know that all will be well for the following reasons
1. Matt, Kendall, Sarah, Baby Blue etc are very happy and relieved
2. Susan Russell, Fr. Jake etc are very angry and disappointed
3. There is a deadline within this year
4. The deadline is one TEC will be absolutely loath to meet
5. There is continued safe harbor for the time being
However, my rational joy cannot, at this moment, overcome my weariness. My life and the life of my family has been lived out in the shadow of heresy and dissent and trouble. I long for a swift and clean conclusion to this mess. But instead I've been given another six months to wait. And so I will. I will wait on the Lord. And I will pray. And I will rest my weary eyes.