Wednesday, June 22, 2011

You know what might be fun?

Dismantling a table, nailing the top to our kitchen island/butcher block, painting the top red, picking and washing a crop of lettuce, baking banana muffins and bread, emptying bookshelves of books, rearranging the furniture in the school/play room and cooking dinner ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

Actually its not fun. Its not a fun at all. And if one more child touches the bright red paint on purpose I will seriously freak out.

Pictures forthcoming.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

I can't wait to see photos! Sounds like a great project.

Laura in NJ said...

we had to institute rule #5 "no flipping out!" at our house recently. granted, it was mostly aimed at the children, but it's cross-applicable.

Anonymous said...

You're going to catch them red-handed??

maggie said...

I'm with you on the "if you touch that one more time I'm going to go through the ceiling" feeling! But just to clarify - you are painting the top of the used-to-be-table-now-countertop red? Why red? You are a brave woman to do that with lots of kids in the house. I'm afraid I'd be tempted to put them in the backyard for half an hour just to let that paint dry!