Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Onwards and Upwards


Elphine is making all the beds and everybody else is whining, so I thought I would blog. But as usual, after a busy weekend and a busy week ahead, I'm having a hard time thinking of anything to write about. Basically we do so much of the same things over and over, I'm pretty sure eventually ya'll will get bored. And I'm not at a point, yet, in life, where I can read interesting things and write about them, which would be so edifying for all of us.

I will say that I'm Super Excited about how God has moved and all that he's done and about the new people that are coming to church weekly. It astounds me that we continue to have visitors (people just walking in off the street) in the midst of a big move. Yesterday was technically a 'low' Sunday, given that this week is a school holiday and a lot of people had gone out of town, and we still had 95. A year ago, if you had told me that a 'low' Sunday would involve 95 people bothering to get up and get dressed and come to church and then be cheerful about it, I would have seriously laughed and scoffed and said something unnecessarily sarcastic.

And on top of so much grace and blessing and good things, Matt's cousin, Anne (doesn't she have a beautiful name?) came to be with us for the weekend with her lovely dog, Meesha. I feel all ebullient and christian mushy about the good time we had so I'll spare you, otherwise it would be one long exclamation point. She's such an interesting person and we can't wait for her to come back. Especially Elphine, who wept and wept at her departure.

Alright, its 10am, I need to make some serious breakfast-probably eggs and toast and CC review. And then Matt and I will argue about Who ought to preach at the funeral tomorrow. I think it should definitely be him, and I invite your comments here in support of that thought.

No comments: