Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Day of Silent Prayer

I've completely lost my voice. I don't know that this has ever happened before. I really can't speak above a whisper. Its most disconcerting. I think what finally did me in was trying to sing the history song for CC (week 17, as those who care might want to know) which happens to be one of my favorites. I got excited and over extended myself.

Speaking instead of me is Gladys, who is currently singing (loudly) 'Yeasssss Jeeesss' and doing a hand motion that possibly looks like the one for Jesus. It occurs to me that she is trying to sing Jesus loves me.

1 comment:

M said...

So sorry, Anne. I had terrible laryngitis when I was 14, after practicing for the high school's variety show. It lasted forever because I kept trying to talk, as I had been supposed to sing in it.

Keep hydrated, but nothing too hot. Tea with lemon and honey is wonderful for this. See if your doctor thinks you need a cool mist vaporizer as well. Just don't try talking or you'll keep straining your voice.