Friday, June 08, 2007

Odds and Ends

Anne, quashed between Emma and Aedan, 'Let's play the still quiet game. Be as still and quiet as possible.'
Emma is quiet but continues to wiggle.
Aedan is still but sings loudly, 'Precious jewels, precious jewels, he loves Cinderella. All the children, all the children, Cinderella, Cinderella.'
Nobody won.

The NYPENN Franklin Graham Festival is finally here and so posting will be erratic over the next three days, depending on what's going on and how much time I have. Matt has to be to each event three hours early, which leaves precious little time for coming home and doing anything.

Please pray for the NYPENN area and for many people to come and respond to the Gospel. And please pray that we won't drop the ball on those that do. And please, especially pray for me to have stamina and extra grace to stay the course. I'm generally short of breath and faint after standing more than a few minutes, and my blood sugar tends to fall very quickly leaving me a mess if I'm hungry. So I covet your prayers. I want to be able to do my job well and effectively and not miss anything exciting (but also still be alive when its all over). And it would probably be a good idea to pray for everyone else as well, who have far more important jobs and will be working very hard to make this come off well. Matt will be directing supervisor/counselling traffic at every event and I will be a regular supervisor. So that means we both have to know what's going on and be able to help people who need it. Thanks, in advance, for the prayers, and hopefully I'll be alive to tell you all about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mother Anne,

I'll certainly be praying for this upcoming meeting, and for your overall health and strength, also for your pregnancy.

What a blessing that you and your husband will be able to be there at the festival.

Dr. Billy Graham was very influential in my coming to faith many years ago, and his son has surely inherited the same charisma to teach and evangelize.

Have you had the chance to hear Ann Graham Lotz preach and teach as well?

God bless!

Grace.