Saturday, June 16, 2007

A little something about my Father

I would like to wish my Dad a completely happy and fabulous Father's Day. In honor of him I have made a rhubarb tart, from Nigella's How to Eat. And since Matt is so disciplined and thin, I'm going to eat it all by myself and think of all the debts I owe him, my father that is.

Out of curiosity, I googled his name (Robert Carlson) and organization (SIL) and came up with these highlights, a little light reading for a Saturday Evening:

Contributions to the Ethnologue
Wikipedia
Lots of Information about Senefou
A Recent Paper

I must also say that it is partly my father's fault that we are having so many children we don't know what to do. He, my father, preached at our wedding and placed a series of blessings on us, the critical one (and obviously the one that stuck) being for us to have, a la Senefou, a dirty marriage. By which he desired that we would have so many children our house would never be clean and ordered. Some time I'm going to take pictures of the inside of our house and post them, just so you will know the chaos we live in and know who brought it upon us. Happy Father's Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne+

(LOL) Kids are a blessing from the Lord. But, you probably won't see a really clean, ordered house for awhile. Homeschool and it will even be worse! :)

Grace.