Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Quiet Sunday Evening

Signs of new babies around here always includes the periodic ordering of pizza which Never Normally happens. Turns out that one medium cheese pizza is barely enough to feed four children and me-well, it was exactly enough, so much for leftovers tomorrow.

Now we're watching Apollo 13 and the suspense is killing us. We're arguing about which astronauts these were, since the only ones we know about are Neil Armstrong (Which I inexplicably misspelled on my board for CC this last Wednesday) and Edwin Aldrin (Which is surprisingly hard to say if you're 4 or 5 years old). Matt is the only one who has seen this movie or knows anything about and he's not being helpful about telling us what is going to happen next.

Anyway, the reason I'm really writing is that Aloysius said something astute and wonderful after receiving holy communion today:
"Why do we eat a piece of Jesus every Sunday? Jesus must be awfully big if everyone gets a piece of him."

Oh, and, Grandpa, I took some pictures this morning, so now I just have to locate my chord and I'll post them. I can't seem to locate my cd's which means remembering to buy one when I'm out. Have a happy Sunday evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHH, do I feel old. I can remember the President asking us to pray. I wasn't a Christian at the time and remember going to my bedroom and saying, "God if you are real, please save the astronauts." I lived in Houston at the time and went to college with a number of the astronauts spouses.

It was one of those moments that you do not forget.

Your catachist friend,
Christie

Bill in Ottawa said...

My wife and I both lived through the Apollo 13 days and remember the tension and prayers.

About 20 minutes before the end of the movie, my wife turned to me and said "I can't stand this. I know how it ends and I'm still tense."

It is a truly remarkable film. I hope you enjoyed it.

Anne Coletta said...

And I was in elementary school (I can't remember which grade) and we all went out and stood in a circle around the flag pole and said a prayer.