Friday, March 06, 2009

My speed obsessed son

A: Why are you speeding, Mommy?
Me: I'm not speeding. I'm going the speed limit.
A: It feels like your speeding.
Me: Well I'm not.
a few minutes later
A: Can you please go faster?
Me: No, I'm sorry, I can't go faster than the car in front of me.
A: Why not?
Me: Because then I would hit him and that would be bad.
a few minutes later
A: I'm really tired of you driving so slow.
Me: Please don't complain. I'm going as fast as I'm allowed.
A: Well, I really wish you would go faster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the following story. My wife's best friend, A, and her then four-year-old daughter, B, were driving on errands one hot summer day. A noticed the dreaded bubble gum machine lights behind her and dutifully pulled over. With the window down, and beginning to transact the ticket with the sheriff's deputy, B was plainly heard to say, "When the light is red means stop, when the light is green means go, when the light is yellow means go really, really, really, really fast."