Wednesday, April 16, 2008

God just lets us do what we want

Me (groping for caffeine and sanity): We're all going to church, what are you going to wear?
E: I'll ask Jesus what he thinks I should wear.
Me: That's very nice....
E (after praying): Jesus wants me to wear a fancy dress and fancy shoes and he doesn't want me to wear tights.
Me: Are you sure you were praying to Jesus?
E: Yes, he doesn't want me to wear tights.
Me: I have been under the impression that Jesus knows everything, including the weather. I would have thought that he would know that its very cold outside and that therefore he would want you to wear tights.
E: No, Jesus doesn't want me to wear tights.
Me: So you're blaming God, then?
E: Hmm. Mmm.

E didn't wear tights and it was very cold and I had to go all the way home and get her some along with a big fluffy pink coat.

No comments: