Monday, February 25, 2013

more complaining about the weather

Can't believe it's nearly March. Can't believe how unrelentingly grey and cold it is outside. Irritated that the children take off their coats when they get into the cold car because they are so afraid of being "too hot". They wander around the house in t shirts and shorts and open the door wide open to see 'how warm it is'. Matt, after asking me what the weather would be like all week and hearing that it would be largely cold with snow flurries but no accumulation said, 'oh, that's good. Just so long as there's not too much sun and snow' as if he is an alien from some other place.

Then my mother posted this picture on Facebook.
Because its summer all the way over there and there were so many in her garden that she had enough to cut.

I, on the other hand, am several weeks late starting my tomatoes and peppers. Not sure where I'm going to put them to keep them from destruction and mayhem.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have NY babies. I remember when I first moved there & wore tons of layers, every native was constantly asking 'Aren't you hot?' I realised I'd finally acclimated here when I started to feel 'the cold' when it wasn't. Hah! Oh well.

~R