Monday, May 12, 2008

Still No Cord

Matt is off gallivanting about for half the week with the only computer cord in our possession, so I'm sitting down here on the desktop for a few minutes reading email and staring at laundry. Its going to be raining all day so A, instead of being outside, is building an elaborate train track right next to the front door so that when someone comes by, they will trip, fall, break something, and perhaps never come back again. He is moving this track down from the upstairs hallway where I have been tripping over it for the last week. Every time he whines, I take another train (or knight in shining armor) and he has to do a job to get it back. Since starting this policy I've discovered that he clean the dining room, clean his room, wash off dishes and carry whole baskets of laundry. I'm kicking myself for not thinking of it sooner.

Having no computer cord all week allowed me to write several whole blog posts in my head without ever committing them even to paper, let alone a machine. Probably they are lost forever because I can't keep one thought around for very long. I remember, yesterday, vaguely enumerating to myself all the things I've learned since becoming a mother. But now I can't recall any of them. And I made another list in my head of all the things I love about my own mother. And I had plenty to say on the whole subject of the 'socialization' of home schooled children. But that's gone too. Maybe I'll get it back, but probably I won't.

In the meantime I'm going to wander around picking up toys, folding laundry, waiting for Matt to skype, and something else, hmm, wonder what that other thing was.

1 comment:

David said...

What cord are you missing? Power cord?