Saturday, May 24, 2008

One Week Later

I'm Back!
I Finally received my new computer cord this week. I can't even remember what day. I carefully took a picture of it and now can't find my camera. I also took a picture of R covered in chocolate, and G with her big pink bow. Someday, maybe, you'll get to see them.

So I know its awful that I actually got my cord and didn't immediately blog, but this week has been crazy, and, I realize in retrospect, stressful. All week long I was getting another cold, hopefully the last. The kids all had it all week-E missed a day of school, A was sacked out on the couch all week. The baby conveniently had a well baby in the middle of hers, saving us an extra trip to the doctor. And R is covered in snot, making him the poster picture of 'snot nosed child'.

And in the course of the week I managed to start a new Bible Study (so cool! All women outside of the church, interested in Jesus, never read the Bible before. So cool.) And sign us up for Classical Conversations, providing me the all important accountability I know I require in our new homeschooling venture. And clean the house, because the Bible Study met here. And finish reading Job. And later tonight, or tomorrow morning, I'll be posting my sermon.

As I write this, I'm finding it extraordinarily comforting to list all these things I did. Or rather, all the things that God did, graciously allowing me to participate in his work. Mostly, I've found, in the church, that you work very hard, pointing people to God, encouraging people to look to God, inviting people to meet God. But every now and then, God breaks in, in his own time, in his own way, and lights up some heart or some path, and everything suddenly and perfectly falls into place. And all the work before was necessary, important and useful because when he acts, you're ready for it. And can jump in.

As penance for being offline for so long, I'm intending to Blog Every Day for One Week. And if I do, Matt will come up with some nice prize (hopefully his new Spaghetti Bolognese).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Glad you got your new cord at last. :)