Sunday, November 04, 2012

indications the election season has gone on a touch too long

Matt: "Marigold's favorability rating with me is higher when she's sleeping than when she's awake."

Romulus whispering loudly in my ear while pointing to our dinner guest: "Who is he voting for?"
Me, whispering back: "I don't know but we're not going to ask."

Me to any child near me ever: "Shh, I'm just trying to read the internals of this poll. If  you're hungry, just go eat something."

Matt, tearing his gaze away from twitter when I try to say anything to him ever: "Hmmm?"

Elphine and Alouicious every day at some point during dinner: "Who's winning now?"
Me, hysterically: "Nobody's winning because none of us have actually voted yet. There's no winning till it actually starts."

2 comments:

Joe Kovac said...

Not true! Someone is winning because some states have early voting!

Kat said...

Yes- I agree with Joe. I sent in my ballot 2 weeks ago. We just don't know who is winning because no one is calculating the votes yet- or if they are, they aren't advertising it.