Monday, January 18, 2010

Seriously, its so awesome

We’ve been offline a whole lot lately and so I’m not even sure when I’m going to be able to post this.

I have been spending every spare second of the last week reading about the Brown/Coakley race in Massachusetts. Its so exciting.

I didn’t mention it at the time, but for Christmas I received an extremely fancy and unnecessary phone that is, as my little four year old students would say, So Awesome. I justify this phone by saying things like “I’m so busy and I can keep everything on this phone--email, calendar, Matt’s calendar, texts….” and all that is very true. BUT I can also read politics on the internet and I can twitter and twitter automatically updates facebook and I can do comment moderation on this blog and I can watch youtube clips. Its possible that now I look like a wretched teenager, phone always in hand, thumbs always at the ready.

So, I’ve been reading about the Brown/Coakley race fairly constantly on my phone. “Sing the psalm” I say, phone in hand and then, while the poor children wail “O Lord you have searched me, and you know me, you know when I sit and when I rise, you perceive my thoughts from afar” I guiltily click over to the endless number of blogs on NRO and read the gossip. “Keep singing” I say every now and then.

Anyway, my phone says today that I’m scheduled to write real letters with a pen and some pieces of paper. But it will be ok, I’ll have my phone sitting right here so I can know what’s going on all the time. Its so awesome.

6 comments:

Ralinda said...

Do you have the Bible on your phone? Laridian's PocketBible is pretty nice--my husband has it on his treo. The best part for you is that you're young enough to see it and use it without reading glasses!!

Joe Kovac said...

Although I lack such a powerful cell phone, I have most things sent to me on my google homepage. :)

Here is the community blog that I told you about on Sunday: www.return2redemption.blogspot.com

enjoy

Joe Kovac

punctuation without capitalization said...

after having a moto q for 2 years (and being jealous of the iphone), i have to say that i'm glad to be rid of it. i still do a lot of browsing via google reader. but i've even cut that back and am now just consuming books. of course, it's harder to do that with children, i'm sure :-P

r said...

Ha- I do that with my netbook- it wanders around the house with me. Of course my other computers are non-functional atm, doesn't help matters.
It comes with me to my parents as well, otherwise I'm the only one without a computer to use!

~R

Anonymous said...

are you able to call people and talk to them also?
Art

Anne said...

I am actually able to make phone calls, although it took me a week to figure out how. But talking on the phone is so 2009. Texting is the next best thing. Although, unfortunately, I seem to be injuring my thumbs.

And I do have the Bible, well, I just get online to the ESV sight. And we're learning Exodus 20 in the KJV so I have that up all the time. I'm trying to make it into a song...